There have been significant cyber attacks in recent weeks, including the Colonial Pipeline and JBS Meats attacks in the U.S., and the Nine Entertainment breach in Australia. These attacks demonstrate now more than ever that organisations need to take immediate steps to implement tools and procedures to protect their systems from breaches.
Here are some immediate steps your organisation should take:
- Invest in employee governance and training
- You want to ensure your team follows safe and secure processes and protocols. We can provide affordable consultative services to assist in developing your organisation’s Cyber Security strategy and plan and then assist with board level reporting detailing progress in implementing that strategy.
- Vertex Cyber Security provides both an online training platform and face to face training for your organisation. Training programs can be tailored to focus on relevant areas of risk for your business and can also be directed at varying levels of leadership within the organisation eg. board and executive level programs, general employee awareness training and targeting modules eg. secure code training for developers.
- Keep software updated
- Software programs regularly release updates and patches. Staying up-to-date with these updates will help to minimize openings hackers may have to access your system.
- Limit employee access to critical information
- When establishing best practices for your file management and permissions, limit employee access so they only can access critical files they absolutely need. This limits exposure should credentials be compromised.
- Invest in cybersecurity audits and penetration testing
Contact us today for more information about our cyber security services and what we can do to protect you and your business from a cyber attack occurring.