As we’ve seen throughout the pandemic, it looks like working from home is here to stay even as people return back to the office. According to Bloomberg, “the trend dovetails with Australians opting to rebase to regional areas during the pandemic as remote working arrangements allowed them to tap more affordable housing or enjoy a better lifestyle.
While work from home policies can be a positive for your company with decreased commercial office space costs and expanding your available talent pool, it does pose cyber security challenges that need to be addressed.
Take a look at what your business can do to ensure your cyber security is not impacted:
Train your employees
- We provide affordable Cyber Security expertise, templates and training programs for you to leverage and implement.
- Once we’ve agreed on the services needed, we work with you to deliver governance, training, policies, procedures and certifications to ensure your business meets the level of security that you require.
Implement company policies for remote employees
- Creating and implementing clear policies about MFA, logins, and proper use of devices will help employees understand how to keep their devices safe on personal, and oftentimes less secure, home networks.
Partner with Vertex for cyber security audits
- Conducting regular cyber security audits is key in identifying vulnerabilities and developing a plan of action to address them.
Our cyber security audit approach
- Our client almost lost over $100,000 to a cyber attack. They didn’t know where to start or what to do. So, we advised them that a cyber security audit is a great way to get a handle of their businesses’ cyber security. The Cyber Security Audit reviewed their business against best cyber security practices and provided a list of vulnerabilities with corresponding action steps.
- We identified over 20 vulnerabilities, which they started to act on straight away. They were very thankful for turning an unknown, complex problem into a prioritised list with meaning.
Let’s talk about how to protect your organisation’s network and identify risks, contact us today.